Students who live in Syracuse University residential facilities on North and South campuses can connect to the Internet either through SU's wired (Ethernet) network or through the wireless AirOrangeX network.
Once connected, students can:
- Send and receive e-mail
- Use Instant Messenger
- Access the SU Web site and SU Web-based services, such as MySlice and Blackboard
- Access the World Wide Web
- Participate in the online gaming community
- Access personal Web pages and files stored on the SU network
- Connect to SU Library resources
In order to connect to the University's network, students must have activated their NetID
and created a NetID password. In addition, Syracuse University requires all computers connected to the University's wired or wireless network (AirOrangeX
) to be protected by a current version of antivirus software. Further information is located on the ITS antivirus
web page. Students will receive instructions on how to register their computers on the SU network when they check into their residential facility.