Remote Access Authorization Process
Employees seeking to access confidential and/or enterprise data from an off-campus machine need to obtain approval from their department and attend a Remote Access Training session.
- Employees must complete all sections of, and sign, the Remote Access Approval form prior to approval.
- The employee will discuss with department system administrator(DSP), the OS of the off-campus machine and the type of access needed. Accordingly submit the form to your designated department authorizer. The information will be used to determine the security toolset that will meet the employee's needs.
- Once approved, the employee will register for Remote Access Training. If the employee's remote access application is not approved, the process ends.
- When the remote access training is completed, the employee needs to submit the approved Remote Access Approval form to the department Information Coordinator (your department system administrator(DSP) should be able to help you identify them).
- The Information Coordinator enters a FAST request using the Prod Remote Access Form.
- A FAST Remote Access confirmation is sent to the employee. The approval e-mail will contain instructions on how to obtain the remote access toolset.
Free phone support for remote access-related problems is available during normal University business hours for employees using the supported remote access hardware and software. Call 443-2677.
Drop-off support can be arranged by calling 443-2677 or by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is billable at $30 per hour, payable by either department ID or personal check. This support is limited to remote access software running correctly on an employee's PC when connected to the University's RoadRunner broadband connection. Issues involving an employee's home network are his or her responsibility.