Faculty & Staff Computing at Syracuse University
Syracuse University's Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a wide range of computing services and facilities for faculty and staff, including high-speed wired and wireless (AirOrangeX) Internet connections across campus, e-mail, file storage space on the SU network, Web hosting services, online academic and personal information resources through MySlice, and computer labs equipped with specialized academic software technologies.
Fall 2020 Information
- Online Success Toolkit - ITS has partnered with leaders throughout campus to provide an Online Success Toolkit to prepare online instructors. Topics include getting your courses ready and links to both academic and IT resources.
Fall 2020 Course Support - Instructors seeking Blackboard and other technical assistance are encouraged to email email@example.com with a summary of the issue. Faculty seeking course design assistance for Fall 2020 are encouraged fill out the Fall Course Development Form. Those with questions about the form can visit it's frequently asked questions page.
- Need Help? If you'd like assistance with any of the topics above, or any IT related issue, do not hesitate to request help. ITS consultants are available also available all year long in the ITS Service Center by phone at (315) 443-2677, and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also search SU's knowledge base, Answers.
New Technology Resources
- Zoom at Syracuse - All Syracuse University faculty and staff can now use Zoom video conferencing. ITS has implemented Zoom to allow users to engage, educate, and collaborate with HD-quality video and audio. Full details, including how to sign in, are available at zoom.syr.edu. Visit the Web Conferencing Solutions page for additional resources and information.
- Kaltura Video Platform - Syracuse University has implemented Kaltura for Education, a leading video platform. Kaltura will be accessible in Blackboard as well as via the web application Kaltura MediaSpace. For complete details, including how to sign in, visit the Kaltura at Syracuse University page.
- Zoom and Kaltura Training - Want to learn how to use Kaltura or Zoom? ITS has training available. Registration and past sessions recordings are available on the Online Success Toolkit.